Updated: Jun 4
A couple of years ago, I bought a box of bubble bottles with wands. It was an activity proposed in a Facebook group I am part of. And off we went, we all went make bubbles. It was very relaxing and beautiful to look at, seeing the bubbles floating far far away, and it reminded me of my childhood when my sisters and I were bubbling from the balcony of the 7th floor apartment with the bubbles flying all over the town.
A few days ago, I found the box back, and since I have been bubbling every day for a few minutes. I find it being very calming and comforting. And I started to think about it. The mechanism is the same as any meditation exercise, the same mechanism than in my Moment of Art exercise: Pause, Focus, Breathe, Sense.
If you have the opportunity to buy bubble bottles, try this little moment of bubble:
- Deep breath in, long breath out to make the bubbles,
- Then, normal breathing, with focus of the mind on the bubbles, on the present moment,
- Focus on the different size, colours we can see through them, how they are floating in the air, falling, popping,
- Each bubble flying away is a thought, a feeling, an emotion, an energy,
- Make a couple of bubble pop, if you wish,
- Imagine your inner bubble, climb on that bubble, floating up and away to a special calming place.
- Focus on your senses: what do you taste, what do you smell, what do you hear.
If you are joining the Moment of Bubble Club, please share it on my Facebook post: click here. I would love to know how that makes you feel.
Or on Instagram with the #MoBubbleClub.
That will help you to unstress, help with moments of doubts and also it is just beautiful.
Just don't blow bubbles into people's face, they might not like it... Respect the social bubble distance.
Watch the video below from one of my Moment of Bubble.